Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Weekly Progress Report

Steve Poyser & Vivian Nguyen
I mostly wanted to ask them about the thickness and my material choices for my final model. I brought in my cork sheets and showed them both the thicknesses and they both agreed on using cork for my entire model instead of baking it with a wood, as this would be using less materials and would make it easier for recyclability purposes. Vivian thought that using only one sheet would suffice but Steve believed that using 2 would make it a sturdier product, and would allow for the backing of each photo section. I personally agreed with Steve, that working with 2 sheets would be much better as it would create a stronger product overall.

Lessons from other Tutors
Make sure that your final model is made out of the material intended for use, and to try and think of the manufacturing purpose and if this is a process that will use up a lot of energy?

No comments:

Post a Comment